Dry July is a great cause, as it helps to raise funds to ease the burden, reduce stress and add a bit of comfort for those affected by cancer. Dry July funds organisations in every state of Australia and you can choose where the money you raise goes to.
Taking part in Dry July also gives you the chance to focus on yourself – notice your own drinking habits and the value of a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
So how do you survive a whole month of not drinking? Here are some tips:
- There are many places you can socialise besides the pub – beach, cafe, shops, sport or your house.
- Have a barbecue. Believe it or not there are some really good non-alcoholic beers and wine around; try Erdinger beer. Or for the ladies, check out the mocktail recipes on Taste.
- Be the designated driver for your friends.
- Saving a bit of cash this month? Treat yourself to something new like a bike or new watch or a visit to the day spa!
- Get pumped, dust off that gym membership and get to a pilates class or pump some weights. Summer isn’t far off so Dry July is the perfect mid-year health boost to kick-start a new you! Remember, summer bodies are made in winter.
- Plan a weekend away, big hike, massage for two, or a special dinner for you partner.
- Start a new hobby, always seen yourself as a Master Chef or wanted to learn to sing? Go for it!
To raise funds and feel healthier for it, don’t forget to promote Dry July to your friends on social media.